Here’s a dress I finished after putting it down so many times. I did the smocking in three days but the construction of the dress took me so long that I was getting worried that it’d turn out as another one of my UFO (UnFinished prOject). I hate it if that happens but luckily it didn’t.
I took the bodice template from AE & E for an 18 months old but my Arwen is a bit on the petite side. I hope she can fill the dress by raya...
Close up view of the smocking pattern. Fabric is too busy that it drowned my smocking.
I used snaps as closure. Too lazy to sew up the buttons and make button holes. Plus I have lots of snaps to last me a lifetime!