I made my own template using my old tudung and here’s my ver 1.1 of tudung DIY:
A lot of tweaking and tuning the machine to get the stitches right. I had to open up the manual, change the foot and use a fine needle. Read a few tutorial from Zila Kassim and Rimbun. The fabric is tricky to handle too. You can’t pull the fabric or the stitch will jump. I spent three quarter of the time undoing the stitches (tetas benang).
From that, I made the second tudung, ver 1.2. It’s shorter and I chose black as it’s a catch all colour. Something easy for me to grab and wear to fetch Danial from school or go the mamak shop.
Black thread on black fabric is more forgiving. I got away with unsteady stitches.
And finally, here’s my 3rd tudung, ver 1.3. It’s the same length as ver 1.1 but I cut in a bit more where the fabric is suppose to fall on the shoulder.
Third time’s the charm. Stitches are much better. Work is much neater if I must say so myself. *Pat myself on the shoulder*