Monday, October 25, 2010

Patchwork Bag Ver 2-Improved

My first patchwork bag caught the interest of a nice lady in Putrajaya and she had asked me to make one for her. Not long, she also added me in her Facebook friends (or was it the other way around?).

Anyway, this is her bag using the remnants of my Andromeda FQ bundle. The lining is made of Japanese cotton with matching colour. 

I say it’s improved because I went the little bit extra by adding medium weight interface to the lining for added durability. I’m the one who didn’t bother to read all the instructions, when I went back to Angela’s diaper bag tutorial, she actually did fused together heavy weight interface to her lining material. My bag didn’t have any interfacing for the lining. Kind of flimsy but it’s OK. It’s my bag. Anyway, I’m glad that I did. I know that I’ve made good quality product and people pay good money for it. The bag is priced at a premium. I won’t be making one if the price is not right. 

I’m “carless”  for the moment as my hubby’s car is in the workshop, thus he’s driving my car. But in a couple of days, this bag is going to meet it’s owner. We’re arranging for a meet up as she’s working in Putrajaya and I’m just looking for an excuse to get out of the house and break the routine. :)

Till then, have a wonderful, productive week ahead peeps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment