Not exactly the first. My first attempt at the Ava Bag was with heavy cotton because I thought I’d get away with no interfacing. The body came out OK but I got stuck with doing the handles. I tried the thick, curved handles and ended up having to undo the stitches for the umpteenth time, I gave up.
I’m not happy when things don’t turn out as planned. As soon as Azrai came home from work, I went into my sewing room and start cutting my fabric for the bag. This time, I used the normal medium weight cotton from my stash. I just bought some medium weight interface from Karysma in Bangi. Azrai saw the determined look in my eye and knew that it’s wise to let me be and he took care of the kids.
This time, I made it with the thin trim handle instead of the thick curved one. Not one of my best work but I made it!