Friday, May 13, 2016

April 2016 Round-up

So many things to write about, so little time. I’ve a Blogger apps on my Iphone but couldn’t blog with my 2 fingers on a small screen. I need a proper keyboard to blog. So, pardon me for a back-log on a series of events that has taken place.

Fabric Fiesta at Spotlight, The Mines on Saturday, 2 April 2016
For the demo sesion, I did a paper piecing patchwork sample and an owlie plushie. I also offered classes for the whimsical teacup mugrug (paper-piecing technique) and owlie plushie for an attractive offer of RM30 per project for the whole month April.


Abby of SarangCraft by Abby came to say hello :)

Photo-session with Abby and her troop and Zee from Spotlight
 Arts & Crafts Guild Malaysia 23rd Annual General Meeting, Sunday, 10 April 2016
This marks my 3rd year with ACG. We had the meeting at D7, Sentul East. Thank you Ben Toh and Ellie Ng for hosting the venue. As usual, lots of fun catching up with friends of similar interest. Good food and lots of sharing. An event I always look forward to every year. To find out more about ACG, go here.

Our customary gift swap tradition. I got this beautiful box decorated with life-like rose made out of clay by Scila of Creative Beads & Claycraft. Check out her Facebook page here and her IG here to find out more about her classes and activities.

Knitting & Sewing Class at Spotlight, The Mines, Saturday 16 April 2016
Scenes from my class. I had 2 new knitters that day. Dona and a family friend, Sheera. I know Sheera since she was knee high and now she’s a mommy to a cute toddler and taking up knitting :)


This is Annabel who’s mommy signed her up to make the Owlie Plushie. Her first time using the sewing machine and she did brilliantly :)




 Knitting Workshop at West Court Level 3, The Mines, 17 April 2016
It was a fun day. A lot of beginners giving a hand on knitting and some of my regular students turned up too. Free yarn was given away for Knit-A-Scarf challenge. 


Nothing unmanly for a man to pick up knitting needles and knit :)

Prize-Giving Ceremony for the Knitting Workshop Challenge, West Court Level 3, The Mines, Sunday, 24 April 2016
Happy faces with their prize-winning scarves and prizes. Thank you Spotlight The Mines for organizing and sponsoring the event. :)

 First Knitting Class at Spotlight IPC, Tuesday 26 April 2016
 I am so very humbled when I received a Whatsapp convo from Edith. She has kept my flyer from Spotlight Ampang Point for 2 years intending to learn to knit. She was asking if I could come to Spotlight IPC and teach there. I was happy to and immediately requested permission from Spotlight IPC management. They gave me the green light and we had a date. Edith is such a pleasant lady to work with and a fast learner too. So calling to all who wants to learn knitting, I am available for class at Spotlight IPC on Tuesdays. Whatsapp or text me at 012-2038117 to arrange for class.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang