Monday, February 21, 2011

Scrap-busting: Apple Pincushion



I made jammy pants for myself using a pattern from Heather Ross’ Weekend Sewing and as a result, I have a lot of scraps from these two flannels. I made Huck Finn’s pants for Arwen (pattern in the same book) and these apple pin-cushions.

The blue one was the first prototype. I stuffed it with batting scraps (finally, I managed to get rid of those, or put it to good use) and the panels are a little bit wider and it looks more like a pumpkin, to me. 

The second apple, I sketched a slimmer panel for the template and this one looks more like an apple to me. I took these pictures potraying these pincushions as Apple’s Ipod/Iphone for the fun of it. The captions are actual Apple taglines.



1 comment:

  1. cutenyer apple.. :D

    kak..saya nyer knitting baru 8 inci.. ngeh ngeh ngeh..

    jemputla tgk... :D

    http://mamadaniel2008.blogspot.com/2011/03/zila-learn-to-knit.html

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang