Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Silhouette: Monogrammed Multi Purpose Zippered Pouch

A friend invited me for a kenduri kesyukuran for her daughter who did well for her UPSR recently. She has been accepted to MRSM Ulul Albab Gemenceh. I whipped up a simple zippered pouch. It looked plain despite the rainbow coloured dots motive and I was in the mood to play around with my Silhouette Potrait.


I didn't want to make it too complicated so I decided to add a monogram on the pouch.

This was my 2nd attempt to cut fabric on Silhouette and the first with PixScan mat. Unfortunately, it didn't go as easy when I used the original mat. Maybe the mat was stickier compared to PixScan mat because my fabric moved. I had to repeat the process 4 times before I got it right. So, for my future reference and to benefit other Silhouette users, here is my how tos:


1. Prepare the fabric. I sprayed the scrap with starch spray and iron it until it is relatively stiff. Then I lightly sprayed some adhesive on the wrong side of the fabroc so it sticks to the mat. Then i secure the edges with masking tape.
2. I then took a picture of the mat and imported it into Studio.
3. I typed the letter M and fitted it within the scrap.
4. Once I am happy with the font, I sent it for cutting.
5. The cut out letter M after I removed the excess fabric.
6. The monogram.


Initially, I glued the letter M onto the pouch with fabric glue but it needed some dimension to it. So I finished the monogram by hand stitching around the edge with blanket stitch using a contrasting embroidery thread colour. i like the finished look, don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang