Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Resized Cosmo Bag and A Key Keeper Coin Purse


This is hot from the oven. Or should I say, hot from the sewing machine. I can’t believe I’m working on a snail pace. This bag took me 3 days to complete! Fact #1: Smaller bags are tedious to make. No wonder Amy Butler made this bag as big as she can. This resized version is about 30% reduction from the original size. My original bag is hanging on clothes line so can’t put them side by side. Visually, it looks a lot smaller, although mathematically it’s correct (measurement wise). It looks cute though but for the time being, I’m much more comfortable with the original version. This bag is for a friend. I’m working on the second one, before I can start on my hari raya clothes sewing. In the background you can see the magazine box organizers where I keep all my patterns. This table is next to the window. I wanted to take a quick photo so instead of moving them away, I used them as part of the props.

This is a Key Keeper Coin Purse, one of the designs in the Amy Butler’s book. It looks cute but going back to Fact #1, the tedious level just made this something I will not pursue in the near future.

I edited the picture with some artistic effect called ‘fresco’ in my Photoshop Elements 9.0 to make it interesting. It was rather flat.

 This is another view of the purse. Oh, I almost forgot. It’s already the 4th day of fasting month (Ramadhan) and I would like to wish all my Muslim friends a blessed Ramadhan. Selamat menjalankan ibadah puasa. Semoga semua amalan kita diterima dan diberkatiNya selalu.



3 comments:

  1. heidee, PM me for quotation ye.

    Ayu, kain from Kamdar, stock cotton baru agak cun design dia

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang