Tuesday, January 3, 2017

First Day Of School 2017

Today is the first day of school and only little missy is going to school. Big brother runs a high temperature so I got him to take some medication and go back to bed. 

Here's our customary first day of school photo:
Everything except for her hijab, socks and shoes were from last year. I think we can stretch one more year out of that penifore. I made her hijab last night and finished 2 more today. 

I posted a quick video on how I finish her hijab with twin needles on instagram along with 3 tips. Check out my IG @madebyrozirahman to find out what the tips are.

The other new thing to school for little missy is her schoolbag. I promised her a new backpack this year as her old backpack was one she used since kindy. Incorporating all her favorite things: PINK, FROZEN and GLITTER, i wrestled up this bag on my Brother NV900. 


The pink material is denim. I used flexfoam from Legacy Creation to line the back and the base of the bag. Love how it holds the structure of the bag. Elsa image was printed on a printable heat transfer material and Arwen's name is cut from glitter heat transfer vinyl. 

I took the path less travelled and added corded binding to the bag. Love how it turned out. 

So how was the first day of school turned out for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang