Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When sleep eludes me

We had a long and hectic day today. Azrai decided to renew our passports for a trip we’re planning soon and Danial skipped school to do that. I wasn’t feeling really hot as I’m still dealing with my coughs. Azrai too had a bad case of stomach pain because he broke his routine of having breakfast by 8am. Nevertheless, we got it done.

I wanted to keep my date with Azzah of SewFabby who’s having a sewing class at Art 2, Publika today. Azrai agreed to take me there. The main reason was to get my pliers from Azzah. I’m itching to get started on my stitch markers.

We grabbed a late lunch at PappaRich, Publika only to be annoyed to be served with moldy toasts. I didn’t take a picture of it but we told the manager we’re not paying for that. In fact, we should have said to him that we’re not paying for anything. To add to the horror, we had a couple of cockroaches running around on the table while we’re having lunch. The manager himself squeezed one to get it off our table. How gross is that?

Anyway, back to my story. We rushed back to pick up Danial’s passport just in time before the office closes at 5pm. I got home, took Bena Expectorant for my coughs and got knocked out for a few hours. Azrai quietly gave the kids their baths and took them out for dinner. He even got me my dinner. Isn’t he a darling?

After I had dinner, took some more cough mix and paracetamol, expecting another knock out session. Well, that didn’t happen. I was staring in the dark till midnight and then I decided to take out my new toys; the pliers I got from Azzah and started experimenting with them. Wallah! these are the first 2 sets of my handmade stitch markers from the ceramic beads I bought last saturday. I would have made more but I ran out of head pins with the flat ends. I’m loving it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang