Friday, May 20, 2011

A Birthday Present for A Special Friend


I have a date with a bunch of girlfriends tomorrow morning for brunch and it will definitely stretch out to, who knows. One of them is celebrating her birthday this month so I thought I could make a bag for her. I’ve been using a lot of Gypsy Paisley in White from the Gypsy Bandana Collection by Pillow & Maxfield and I just love it. I looked around for a bag pattern not too difficult to make in a short period of time and decided to make the Ava Bag, a Tanya Whelan of Grand Revival Design. I’ve had this pattern for over a year and made one bag for my mom last year for mother’s day.

I love the fact that it’s reversible and mix and match it with Patty Young’s Zen Garden in Pear from the Sanctuary Collection. It’s not my neatest of work but given the time constraints, I’m quite pleased with the outcome. I just hope that Birthday Girl is equally happy with this little gift.



To make it interesting, I’ve spread out the contrasting fabrics that I used for the background of the picture. You can see the crease in the first picture :P

To my dearest friend, Nazlina Noordin,


I’m wishing you another year
Of laughter, joy and fun,
Surprises, love and happiness,
And when your birthday’s done,


I hope you feel deep in your heart,
As your birthdays come and go,
How very much you mean to me,
More than you can know.




By the way, these fabrics are available for sale at lilarwen.blogspot.com if you’re interested :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang