Sunday, May 27, 2018

Sewing Workshop at Learning Oasis

My association with Learning Oasis goes back since 2015. Fast forward to 2018, this is my second year teaching sewing for primary children age 11-13 for their vocational week. This year, their coordinator requested that I do an Up-Cycle Project. I had 3 boys and 2 girls in class and I’m pleasantly suprised to find the boys were enjoying the class more and successfully finished all the projects that I’ve set up for them. 

They had to bring unused jeans from home and for the next 4 days we use the jeans and upcycle them to make various items.


This is Muhammad’s first time behind the sewing machine
Azman is back for the second year

Check out the focus
 Day 1, 2nd May 2018. Project: Simple reversible sling bag

Day 2, 3 May 2018. Project: Reversible Sunhat


Day 3, 4 May 2018. Project: Simple Pencil Pouch


Day 4: 5 May 2018; Project: Faux Midori aka Zidori.

Thank you Learning Oasis Principal; Puan Muthla, coordinator; Hamizatun, primary teachers, Teacher Nurul and Teacher Ain and the primary children, Muhammad, Azman, Eric, Batrisya and Aqilah for making my time at Learning Oasis an enjoyable one.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang