Monday, January 25, 2016

Kelas Jahit Telekung


I started conducting Telekung Classes last October and الحمد لله the fifth batch completed their class last Sunday, 17 January 2016. The above is my advertisement poster posted on my Facebook page and Instagram account.

NOTE: Batch 6 class is postponed to a later date which will be announced later.


These are the participants of the 5th batch of Kelas Jahit Telekung. Congratulations to them all; and while we’re at it, I’ll do my other batches graduation photos :)


Batch 4

Batch 3, Saturday, 12 December 2015

Batch 2

My pilot batch, Batch 1 

The class is conducted at Kak Umi’s Studio in USJ 4 in a casual surrounding. For comfort, I only take 6 participants per class. Some of the pre-requisites are:
  • Must bring your own sewing machine
  • This is not a beginner’s class, Must have some basic sewing knowledge
  • Bring your own material: Cotton is recommended as it’s easier for beginner to handle. Once you’ve learned the techniques, you can choose other material of your choice
What you will get from this class:
  • Paper pattern
  • Lunch is provided and free flow of plain water and tea
  • Opportunity to make new friends :)
  • A freebie; I try to slip a freebie for all participants. So far, I’ve been able to do so. Just a little token to remember me by. I’ve given pincushions, pattern weights and pouches.
In this post, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Kak Zai Amaludin, my telekung teacher who thought me how to sew telekung. May Allah bless her for the knowledge she has shared with me and many others. She still conducts telekung class of her own at Masjid al-Khairiyah in Seri Gombak and for those who cannot attend her class or mine, you can get a copy of her book, Telekung Untuk Bonda. Look her up on Facebook (Jahitan Telekung Zai Amaludin) and Instagram (@telekungputeritelekungbonda)

For those interested to join my class, stay tune on the announcement for my telekung class on Instagram (@madebyrozirahman) and Facebook page (madebyRoziRahman

Till then, have a pleasant day off (Thaipusam replacement holiday) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang